Project Grace is now accepting applications for our 2014-15 teaching artist faculty. Please read the following information and click on the attachment for an application form.
The following positions are available:
Choral Scholars at Cochrane Street United Church – Soprano, Alto, Tenor Bass
Applications must be submitted, by email, to email@example.com no later than September 12, 2014
The Ideal Candidate:
- has completed or is in the process of completeing undergraduate or graduate degrees in at least one of the following: Music, Music Education, Performance, Conducting etc.
- OR have similar experience/qualifications (may include but not limited to: Music For Young Children or Kindermusik certification, Suzuki certification etc.)
- Has a strong interest in social justice programs, working with children, and the El Sistema model
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and an ability to work well as a team
- Will be tactful and respectful in dealing with potentially sensitive and confidential situations with students and their families.
- Maintains a regular performance schedule and a high standard of performance quality
- Has strong skills in pedagogy (teaching) and is interested in working within the unique El Sistema teaching structure
- A completed Teaching Artist Application form (attached)
- An up to date copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy (preferably including how your philosophies, beliefs and/or experiences align with the El Sistema model)
- 2 letters of reference
- Certificate of Conduct & Vulnerable Sector Check
Submission Deadline: September 12th, 2014